Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sock Boot Camp

It was an especially fun day yesterday at the Bonita Knitting Store. http://www.bonitaknitting.com/index.html The Tofutsie's trunk show spurred a sock themed event, the boot camp. Lots of folks came in and I got to reconnect with some knitters I had not seen in a while. I feel like such a proud mama when a student from one of my beginning sock classes comes in with socks to show off. Although not made by my own hands, they seem partly mine, too.


It was also Kathy's birthday and our celebration included pancit and cake. Her 'men' came in, hubby and sons, with flowers. Everyone was jealous because they were so obviously loving.


This past week brought me several special moments. In Crochet class Wednesday, a classmate's grandson had arrived two weeks prior. I had made baby Joshua a pair of Ugg booties. The thank you card with a photo of the tiny baby wearing them was priceless. I have the photo up on my bulletin board and it brings a smile every time my eyes wander over in that direction. It has also helped inspire me to get on with making some more of the booties. My daughter is going to a baby shower next week and has requested a pair. I should really just knock out a few pairs to have them on hand.


Since Wednesday was Halloween, I was happy the child development class came through our crochet class on their costume parade. Who wouldn't love 50 preschoolers in costume? I love kiddies in costume but in past years very few come to the door, so I got my fix of adorable cuteness.


I am also making good progress on my Elizabeth Zimmermann percentage sweater, the Seamless Yoke. The mechanics of colorwork is still not fluid for me, but I'm liking the results. With some pointers from my workshop instructor, Athena, I plan to be ready to cut my steeks next Friday. Stay tuned.


Another happy surprise was our guest in Friday's knitting workshop. Charlie, the previous instructor, is in town for a few weeks and spent the afternoon visiting. It was great seeing her and catching up with her adventures rebuilding her home in the woods of Missouri.

1 comment:

knitzalot said...

The EZ sweater looks great! I love the colors.