Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Still here and fretting

I managed to get a few hours sleep. As soon as the sun comes up, I'm going to remove the back seats of my PT Cruiser and start loading it up. I suspect a decent amount of my stash is going to find its way into the crevices of my car - and some of my favorite FO's. Bob's got a big sedan, so a lot of things will fit there. DD will load up her own car. Our destination will be married DD's apartment in the city. If not, the oceanfront.

We may not have to evacuate, but I'll have a lot more peace of mind once things are packed and all we have to do if need be is just walk out the door. It'll keep me busy and become a happy chore to unpack if it's not necessary.

Hope the winds die down enough to allow aircraft to make the much needed drops of water and retardant. 0 percent containment is not good, nor is 300,000 folks evacuated.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I hope the fire does not come towards your home, that would be horrible. I feel so bad for all these people losing everything. I live about 40 miles east of Los Angeles, we are getting just a lot of smoke, the air quality is horrible.