Sunday, October 14, 2007

Coriolis failure

I give up for now. After two major frogging episodes, all I got was a too long foot with baggy ankles and a binding tight spiral around my leg. My gauge was right and I know the number of stitches I need to go around my mid foot and leg, so the next time I attempt this, I'll do some more maneuvering But for now, I'm done. My brain needs a rest and my yarn wants to grow up to become something else.




I am intrigued by the construction and I see real possibilities, but I'm tired of fighting the book format and failure of my 1st attempts. I've made almost 80 pairs of decent socks, but my confidence is a bit shaken.

Right now I'm working on a lace scarf sample for a November class I'm giving at my LYS. It's from the Interweave Knits Holiday issue and sufficiently intricate to boost my confidence - proving I really have some knitting skills.

2 comments:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Can't be you - not with your experience. Has to be the pattern. There are some projects better abandoned and written off as - well, yes, experience!

LunaZ CreationZ said...

Hey it is Lakia.

How is the scarf coming along?