Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Scarves give almost instant gratification


I finish one or two projects and start five, keeping a steady 8 in progress. The Peerie cardigan started in January is in serious danger of becoming a UFO. I really do want to finish it, but now I think I won't have enough yarn, so like an ostrich, I'm ignoring the issue altogether.

I've completed 3 scarves. A simple garter stitch ruffled one from lace weight Kid Merino worked on size 11 needles. The garter lace scarf is from the last of the cruise yarn, Louisa Harding Grace silk and wool. I found the pattern in one of my Harmony Guides. I had started 2 other scarves with this yarn and had over 24 inches done and they were not the right fit for the yarn. It definitely wanted to become this. The decadent one is the Reversible cable scarf from Scarf Style called Vintage Velvet knit in Touch Me. Once knit, it went through the washer and dryer and softened up to an almost liquid consistency. I had made one in black, but when the red came into the store, it screamed Christmas to me.

No comments: