Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th

After relaxing around the house, a dip in the pool and otherwise enjoying San Diego's weather of the high 70's, Bob and I went on a dinner harbor cruise to see the fireworks. I swear I told him at least ten times how glad I was we opted not going to Laughlin where we enjoyed the fireworks last year on the Colorado River. It was 123 degrees there. I can't even imagine.

Although it's been hot [for San Diego] earlier in the week, I plodded on working on the Peerie Cardigan, my oldest work in progress. I started it back in January and would like to have it done by the time I return to my workshops at the end of August, but with its bulk, it's hot on my lap. I've separated for the fronts and back which seem to go faster since each row of the body was 266 stitches. I've been working on other WIPs just to keep my interest up and of course started something else. A pair of Leaf Lace socks for me in solid green yarn. With all the sock yarn in my stash, I'm using the Knit Picks Risata [cotton blend] I got last week.


I was pleased to lend my Leaf Lace shawl to the Bonita Knitting Store as part of a display featuring Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool. I may just have to buy that shawl pin when I get it back.

1 comment:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Wish I were back over there and could go visit Bonita yarn store with you. The shawl is superb, and the Peerie cardigan is looking great - must check that pattern out.