Friday, July 13, 2007

Back to socks



I've been seduced by lace, so even though I have several pairs of socks started, I haven't completed a pair since April. With brand new sock yarn, Knit Picks Risata [cotton, wool plus other stuff], I started the Leaf Lace Sock from Fiber Trends. It's by the same designer as the Leaf Lace Shawl, Evelyn A. Clark. I completed one in just 3 days. Rather than start the second one, I went back to a heavier pair I had started a couple of months ago. Based on Dad's Easy Cable Socks from Socks, Socks, Socks, I worked these toe up since I was unsure how far the yarn would go. Once again, I was taking advantage of the yarn destashing by Charlie, my knitting instructor who moved. It's worsted weight Grignasco Natural Yarn, a 50/50 blend of Merino and Alpaca. Finished the 1st one on the 8th, then the 2nd on the 10th. I thought they felt pretty good on the toes, but got so much yummier after washing.


Although the leaf lace sock is fun, I'm making myself do some charity knitting before I start playing around again. Besides, the sewing machines have been sitting out all week and there's stuff to be done there too. I love the nature of my retired 'in basket.' I recall the days of deadlines and reports and am happy to note all current deadlines are self-imposed, so I flit from project to project as my mood takes me.

1 comment:

Knitman said...

Tania! What beautiful socks.