Saturday, May 05, 2007

The true meaning of BFF

Best Friends Forever. That's what kids say, but THIS is the true meaning of the phrase. That's me standing next to Dona. We started Kindergarten together and were in the same grade until we graduated from high school in 1970. In 1979, she was my Maid of Honor and later visited us when we were living in Spain. We don't get to see each other often as we live on different coasts, but the connection is still there. She and her daughter [middle] were in Los Angeles visiting her sister [left] and were gracious enough to drive down to San Diego to spend the day with Bob and me. It's hard to imagine we've been pals for 50 years.

This is the earliest photo I have of us. Money was tight and photos a rarity back in the day. Dona is in striped dress right behind the class sign while I'm in the lovely plaid vest in the row behind her.

No comments: