Saturday, May 05, 2007

The last 2 WIPs

This is what I have left to finish. Just 2 sweaters. I'm not counting the fun baby stuff 'cause I'll be done with that soon enough. These are my winter workshop projects. I decided not to do the Spring shawl, so I could catch up and work on my summer projects guilt free.
The green one is a top down raglan. There really wasn't a pattern for this one as we did a gauge swatch with our preferred yarn and formulas from Barbara Walker's Knitting From The Top. I'm using Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool. One of the sleeves is done. The lace motif will be repeated at the hem. The V neck will have a simple rib finish.
This second one is the Peerie Cardigan, a pattern written by my soon to depart workshop instructor. It was published in the Fall 1999 issue of Knitter's.
There's a whole lot of knitting in this project. I fell in love with it when I tried on the sample Charlie brought into class. I'm using Knitpicks Telemark sport weight yarn at 6 stitches to the inch. Each motif is only 4 to 8 stitches wide and 5 rows tall with some background rows thrown in, so it's not really complicated, but is very interesting. I may have to finish this in the fall with Athena, who will now become the lead instructor. It may get too hot to have this huge thing in my lap during the summer. It's worked in one piece to the armholes and the sleeves picked up at the shoulder. Maybe THIS in a shorter version could work with my Cotton Ease. The instructions work for any yarn, any gauge.

1 comment:

Knitman said...

Okay, now I am thinking you pyshc yourself over here or something and take my colour choices!

Seriously, we do seem to share very similar colour taste.