Saturday, May 05, 2007

It's a Boy!




My daughter's in-laws in Ohio had their baby on the 24th of April. I made a well appreciated layette in neutral cream since they didn't want to know the baby's sex beforehand. Jaydon was a healthy 7 lbs. and I'm furiously knitting on some boyish items.
I bought a white shirt to go with the manly little vest. I'm making it in the smallest size, so it fits neatly on my 16" circulars. I hope to be done in the next few days so they can have it before he outgrows it all. I already told my own kids that if they ever have any babies, I will go absolutely crazy because baby items are so darned cute.

2 comments:

Knitman said...

It's think I was ever a baby!
Congratulations. I love your colour choices.

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

I adore the tiny socks. Do you follow a special pattern or just size down an adult one? I really must make some of those irresistible little things - they look as though they would work up really fast too!