Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Cruise Projects



In between knitting on my workshop 'homework' with 2 different sweaters and the baby items promised to in-laws, I've been sneaking in a fun knitting day here and there to complete some of the projects started onboard.

This slip stitch scarf is the product of the yarn tasting event. 12 different yarns, 20 yards each. Acrylic, silks, ribbon and all sorts of fun stuff that somehow all work together. I had not done so much slip stitch in a project, especially with colors.



The too cute evening bag is from silk yarns. The ruffle's yarn is pre- beaded. The new skill in this project was the Turkish cast on. I went ahead and lined it. Now I need a special occasion to use it. I had selected the green mix since one of my workshop projects is a top with lace accents from Silky Wool in a similar green.


The Sea Sock was designed for us by Debbie Stoller. It has several colorwork techniques. The intarsia section has a cruise ship and a ball of yarn with knitting needles poking through it. The top portion is worked flat then joined. Although interesting, I'm not sure I'll make the second sock since I don't like the back seam. I understand this is the way argyle socks are done. I'm going to have to figure out how to make the join invisible.

No comments: