Thursday, November 02, 2006

Visiting the Queen


Last Sunday, DH and I took a Daytripper bus ride up to Long Beach for a tour, lunch and show aboard the Queen Mary. The day was all a lot better than I thought it would be. We got a great tour of the ship's public areas. Here I am lounging on the Queen's deck with a more modern cruise ship in the background. I'm in training for the knitting cruise coming up in January.

I may not be gorgeous, but get a load of those wonderful socks matching my Halloween orange shirt.


The late lunch was also a lot tastier than I expected, as was Tibbies, the caberet style show where the wait staff were also the entertainers.

Of course, as a true knitter, I looked forward to the actual bus ride from the several San Diego pick up points up to Long Beach. Knitting time! Imagine the pleasant surprise when the man in the seat in front of me pulls out the sock he is also working on. Like me, he was working with 4 double points AND we were both using the same yarn, Austermann Step, but in different colorways. This is the sock I was knitting.

We got to talking about knitting and such, then I passed along the info about the LYS near me. He lived up North, so frequented the shops in Encinitas.

All in all, a wonderful day.

No comments: