Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The subject is feet


I have a thing about feet. I think it's because, along with hands, they are the part of me I can always see. Living in San Diego, my toes are exposed for 5 to 6 straight months. Regular pedicures are a must. I've got lots of shoes because feet must be accessorized. These are most of my shoes, but I've got some stored in secret corners of other closets. I used to have lots of heels and other pretties, but now it's all about comfort first. When I was in the Navy, I had about 10 pairs of black pumps and 5 of the white. Different heel heights accounted for some, but if I found a comfy pair, I'd get at least 2. The most I've ever spent on a pair of shoes is about $250. They were black pumps I used in uniform.

By extension, I've always liked socks too. I used to buy funky socks even though I could only wear them with civilian clothes. So far, I have knit 59 pairs of socks. DH has some and others were gifts. These are all mine!
















I store my socks at the foot of the bed in this chest, under my 'blankie'














I have 5 of those photo storage boxes (so far) of hand knit socks. I have them sorted by yarn type with my Sockotta and other cotton blends together, the Opals in another. One box contains my handwash only socks.

2 comments:

imohany said...

We invite you to beta test of Referez.com.

Referez.com is the new ranking system of blog posts by referring statistics.
Referez.com allows people to share the real interest over the Internet in real-time.

If you insert the Reffering-code in your website or blog,
Every time people visit your website,
We collect each URLs using a simple system we call the "Reffering-Code-System".

It can make an automatic ranking system not digging and clicking but referring.
So, People find top visited articles in real-time.

We wish you to join our test.

Thanks!

http://www.referez.com/?local=us

bitterknitter said...

I'm so jealous of your shoe storage! I have a lot of shoes and have a hard time figuring out how to store them all...I wish my closet was large enough to put shelves in like that.