Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Not enough yarn yet

So far I have resisted buying more sock yarn. But Susan will be ordering more, especially when Charlie bought some I had my eye on. Some of the colorways she had looked familiar, so for the past couple of days, I have been fondling and photographing my sock yarn. I took a lot of close ups then printed them out to carry in my knitting bag. The better to fill in the color gaps.

As you can see, I do not have nearly enough. I've researched the colorways available in the yarns the store carries and have carefully made some selections. You see, when I'm not knitting, I'm thinking about it.


This is my mostly likely to get knit up sooner than the others.









Traditional wool/polyamid sock yarns







Then there's my cache of acrylic/nylon sock yarns for those who may be allergic or will mistreat the socks.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Wow, and I thought I had a lot of sock yarn!

Beatriz said...

Nice sock yarn pics...made my afternoon.

Pam said...

Wow, you have a lot of sock yarn. I cannot resist sock yarn at all, if I go into a knitting shop, I am bound to come out with at least 2 more skeins of the stuff!

mf said...

Love your sock yarn stash!! and so very organized too!! YEAH!