Monday, October 16, 2006

The factory is closed



These are just 2 of the 12 scarves I made in the past week. I'd been working on some for the Breast Cancer event at the LYS last week, using stuff from my stash and my store discount to buy yarn. WELL, at the event on the 7th, the owner had solicited and received a big box of pink yarns from Crystal Palace. She stated she had a goal of 100 scarves. I told her she just couldn't say something like that to a former military woman. A numerical goal is a challenge. I committed to a total of 20.

Only the last four got a bit tedious, but I had a lot of fun experimenting with all sorts of yarns I do not normally use. Now I know why people are addicted to scarf making. Instant gratification. But I don't usually wear scarves. I did buy some extra lace weight Kid Merino for a ruffled scarf since it's such a light bit of fluff that adds a splash of color.

Back to long list of WIPs. Now, if my DH wouldn't come up with these brilliant ideas. He thought it would be nice if I made newly married daughter and husband matching sweaters for Xmas. I don't think so. He now thinks I need to make the son in law a Xmas stocking. That's a possibility, but then no one else in the family has a hand knit one.

No comments: