Saturday, September 16, 2006

Bear-Brain Teddy



Too cute, although I have no idea what to do with it. The buttons and movable limbs make it non-childproof. I love it any way. Made with KnitPicks bulky yarn "Sierra" in the Cinnamon color. Felted up easily.

This pattern was written by a Teddy Bear designer and had all kinds of short rows to shape it. Easy to knit up, but my hands hurt from stuffing it and sewing it together. You should see the size of upholstery needle I used to go through the body!

The pattern called for worsted weight yarn, but I went with bulky to get a larger bear. This one's about a foot tall sitting down. I used 2 skeins of 110 yards each and have about 10 inches left after sewing it up.

1 comment:

Inky said...

Wow!! Tania that is amazing, what a great job you did - he looks totally professional!!