Friday, August 11, 2006

I've made my first lace conquest


A month after I cast on the dreaded 431 stitches for the second time, my Faroese shawl is DONE, DONE, DONE!!!

I could only handle 2 or 3 of the lace pattern rows a day, and even set it aside for a week while waiting on the Options needles, but once I finished the lace pattern last Saturday, the rest was garter stitch with each row getting shorter. I got to knit with the good light in the car on our most recent trip to Laughlin. And since the slot machines were not being nice to me, I'd take breaks up in the room to work on it.

I can see a boo boo or two [or dozen] if I look for them, but I am so very pleased with the results after blocking. I start with the lace sampler sessions at the LYS tomorrow and hope to learn more tricks and gain the confidence to tackle an all over lace project soon. I've got lots of leftover yarn. I used less than 2 50 gram skeins of the Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud on this, so I have 3+ left in this color [Midnight} and 5 in a pale pink. I think the Icarus shawl from the summer issue of Interweave Knits is next.

2 comments:

mf said...

congrats!

Beatriz said...

Congratulations...I'm working on lace patterns myself. Hopefully I will have a beautiful shawl like you to gleefully say I accomplished.