Friday, August 11, 2006

I got me some needles!

I've been on a needle buying binge. It's all Knitpicks' fault. First they put all their Addi circulars on half price to make room for their own Options needle line. Then I realized I NEEDED some more in some of the larger sizes. I was shocked to learn I did not own a 7.0 mm/ 10.75 sized needle in any shape or form. So I got a few more Addis from Astrid's Dutch Obsessions in the Netherlands. http://www.astridsdutchobsessions.com/

THEN I'm working my 1st lace project and none of my needles have a pointy enough tip to help me out on the decreases. Those buggers are tricky when surrounded by yarnovers. So I buy one of the Knitpicks Options needles. It was TRUE LOVE. I had the one less than 24 hours and bought 4 more. I got each set of needle tips with a set of 24" cables so I can use and store them as flexible straights. So, here's my circular and needle collections. Hanging them up is dangerous because they take up so little room. I have 58 circular needles and 16 pairs of flexible straights. This includes the 5 Options. Next Knitpicks order will include some 40" cables 'just in case'.

1 comment:

mf said...

very organized.....Love it!