Saturday, February 25, 2006

New LYS in Bonita



I had fun today at the grand re-opening of The Bonita Knitting Store. Lots of folks in and out and the cash register seemed to be going all the time. A couple of people even signed up for the sock class I'll be teaching.

The entire time I was working on one of my Sockotta socks - the one where I messed up on a rib from Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks. I really liked the way my mess up looked so I was quite smug I'd 'unvented' my very own rib. I get to the point where it's time to decrease for the toe and I try the thing on. My cute rib doesn't stretch. I barely manage to get it over my heel. I'd been on automatic and had not tried it on the way I usually do once I'm done with the gusset.

I mixed myself a strong Mojito, took a photo of the sock, and will rip it all the way back to the initial 12 rows before the pattern. I COULD fight it and make it go around my heel, but as a wise 6 year old noted at today's LYS event when he realized I was making a sock. "you're going to have to make two of those, you know." I just don't want to make another bad sock on purpose - especially out of my Sockotta meant to be my comfy everyday socks.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I commiserate with you for ripping out your work -- especially since it is a very pretty rib. Love the sage advice from the 6 year old.

Nancy said...

There is always the ancient art of footbinding.

*ducks*