Sunday, January 08, 2006

My house guest



Flat Will, a cousin to the famous Flat Stanley, is visiting me from Kentucky.

My nephew's 2nd grade son [making me a great-aunt and being entirely too weird to contemplate] sent him to me to stay for a week. It's a class project where they map out the travels and discuss the adventures of their paper dolls.

I'm having a lot of fun with him. I took him to see the Pacific Ocean, the Hotel Del, then over to MCRD to see where his dad went to boot camp. My daughter took him to Sea World, then to her job at a Tanning Salon. Before he leaves town, he'll come with us to the zoo to see the baby giant panda. I've chronicled his vacation in photos to send to the class. I sent this picture as a postcard to let them know he arrived safely.

Ah, the joys of being an auntie....

2 comments:

kimberly said...

oh how cute! When I was teaching this is one of the projects I was doing with my kids.

Theresa said...

What a great tour for a paper doll - you're going above and beyond here.