Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Knitpicks Dancing Yarn


Similar to Sockotta (45% cotton, 40% wool, 15% nylon) , this yarn line from Knitpicks called Dancing is 41% cotton, 39% wool, 13% nylon and 7% elastic. It's also a tad thinner than Sockotta. Instead of using size 2 (2.75 mm) for the cuff and size 1 (2.25 mm) for the foot, I used an Addi size 1 (2.5 mm) and a 0 (2.0 mm) for the foot. Instead of the 60 stitches I use for the Sockotta, I worked these with 64. Dancing comes in two 50 gram balls. I made these with an 8" cuff and long enough for my size 9 1/2 feet. I still had 25 grams of my second skein left over. Each 50 gram skein is 253 yards.

This color is called "Ballet"

2 comments:

imjudyb said...

I just finished my first sock today, using that same colorway. I like that it's kinda thin, since my feet don't get super cold here in "The OC." (Except at a Ducks game).

Laura said...

Pretty colorway and beautiful knitting.