Saturday, December 17, 2005

Best laid plans

Like many others, I had planned to be totally done with Christmas knitting months ago. I was so proud of myself for finishing my mom's sweater by August. Then, in November, I got this idea to make my brother some socks. Finished those on the 9th of Dec then mailed them off. Get DD's Xmas wish list and she requested 'fun socks'. Finished those this Thursday the 15th.

Then other daughter sees this scarf online. Cabled with pockets to warm up the hands. The pockets are shaped like mittens. "Mom" can you make that for me? Stash Red Heart and I start to figure it out through trial and error with the help of some grainy photographs. I'm plugging along and she looks me dead in the eye and says, "How soon will that be done?" San Diego winters last about a minute, so the window of opportunity to get any use out of it is quite small.

I usually spend the week before Christmas reading and otherwise relaxing, but between furiously knitting this last scarf, waiting for Santa's elves to deliver the rest of the presents [aka, the men in brown in their square brown trucks] then wrapping them......

1 comment:

kimberly said...

I can't wait to see the scarf.