Thursday, November 03, 2005

Aren't they cute?



My leftovers socks are done. Toe-up with short row heels. [Got to practice those more. A pain on the unwrap/pick up portion, but they look so good]

They are pretty much the same except where I couldn't match the colorway about mid cuff. The Opal Magic has a long repeat and I was getting to the end. I'm so cheap, I didn't want to waste any of it. There was much weaving in of the ends. To join, I just knit the old and new yarns together for 2 or 3 stitches. Seems secure, but just to be safe, I'll handwash these.

3 comments:

Sockbug said...

Those look terrific! I can't believe you made them from leftovers! They match almost perfectly!

knitzalot said...

Those are great! They look cozy too. Great job.

kimberly said...

Those look perfect. Nice matching!