Monday, October 24, 2005

Sock monster


Another ongoing workshop project has been the ever growing Sock monster, my sampler of various heels. There are at least 3 more to be added - Lucy Neatby's garter stitch short row is next, then the common heel and Strong heel.

Since the sample is worked on 64 stitches - my usual CO for my socks, I can try each heel out. Working it all out on the same yarn [Knitpicks undyed Dye your own] helps me do a true comparison. I label each heel as soon as I'm done. If not, I'd be wracking my brains trying to sort them out.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a funky idea!

spaazlicious said...

That sock monster is really cool, I'm definitely going to have to check that workshop out. When you have a chance, can you send me the contact info? Sorry I won't be seeing you at the shop any more, but I'll see you around at the Whistlestop?