Monday, October 31, 2005


I got to see Steph of the Desert!

As it turned out she and Bobbi came over for a Sunday knitting visit in my backyard. Heather also came by and she brought along the swift and ball winder she'd just gotten from Gary, then decided not to keep. Lucky me. When Gary had posted about selling a few things, Heather beat me to them, but now they're MINE!!!!

Steph came down to San Diego, courtesy of her DH who took care of the kidlings so she could have a weekend to herself. So, there was knitting.

Meanwhile, Heather's been kidding me that I make 'boring' things in basic, neutral colors. I'm still in the useful phase and can't see doing weird stuff without it having some practical use. She especially noted all my beiges.

That got me to thinking about leftover sock bits, so I started a toe up pair to use them up. Lots of fun and they are turning out way nicer than I expected. Most of the color interest is provided by some Opal Magic. So far, in addition to the Opal, there's Kroy, Regia, and Knitpicks Essential in the mix. As I run out, I don't think I'll be able to continue matching, but they'll still be cute and practically 'free.'

2 comments:

Sockbug said...

Wow! Those are coming out very nice! I love them!

Anonymous said...

I like 'boring things in boring colors... specially the beiges, browns. etc... love the fall colors!!!