Sunday, October 02, 2005


Here I am at the Balancing Rock in Arches National Park, Utah. That was Friday. Yesterday, Saturday, we drove into Colorado and Rocky Mountains National Park. That's mostly a drive through. The hiking trails were mostly 5 or miles long at altitudes over 10,000 feet. Our excuse was that we'd driven over 300 miles to get there and didn't have the time.

The winding road through the park had me gripping on to my seat. It's a wonder I didn't break through the car floor while I was 'braking' as Bob drove. Hairpin turns at 15 miles an hour at 11,000 feet with no guard rails made me crazy. When we got out at the highest visitor's center, Alpine, I got altitude sick - so dizzy, I could barely stand. I felt badly 'cause I couldn't enjoy it after traveling so far out of our way to see it. I haven't uploaded those pix yet.

Today we crossed Nebraska. No pix. Many said it was boring driving, but after yesterday, the straight, empty freeway with 75 mph speed limit was wonderful! Besides, I got a lot of knitting done. Am almost done with the first front on my black sweater. I only brought enough yarn for the back and 2 fronts, so I'll probably make some good inroads into my red Sitcom Chic cardigan too. So far, I haven't driven at all..... :}

No comments: