Monday, October 24, 2005

Buttons




I got the black metal buttons in Kansas City, MO. They will adorn the plain black sweater I'm working on. I started the collar last night. Once the 2nd taupe sock is done, I'll work to finish it up. Still have sleeves and bound buttonholes to go.

I found the leaf buttons while checking out the 50% off sale at JoAnn's this weekend. They are so pretty. The thing is I don't have anything to put them on. As I glance over at my prominently displayed 10 Knitting Goals for the year, then look in the closet where my WIPs and UFOs await my attention, I'm thinking of making a cardigan to go with the buttons. I've even picked out the color, Paton's Classic Wool, Dark Natural Mix. A classic style with some texture, maybe cables... but nothing to overwhelm the buttons.

No comments: