Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ugg bootie revisited


Looking at Crazy Aunt Purl's blog and her problem with the Ugg bootie pattern reminded me these were also on my To Do list. I had worked a sample through using some machine washable acrylics last winter. After the 3rd try, I got something I liked then put it all aside since I had no babies to knit for. In the meantime, I snagged some suede Berroco on a good sale, put all the fixin's into a big baggie and stored it with my stash in the cave under the hall stairs.

I took out my annotated pattern and couldn't understand my own notes.... So I did it all over and now hope I can duplicate it for the second bootie.

The thing is just too cute. Too bad if it's a hand wash only item. These are for the 'ooooh' factor, not practicality.

4 comments:

kimberly said...

Those are addorable. Too bad I won't be having any more kids or I'd be tempted to start some.

spaazlicious said...

Hella cute, I have to remember to bring my dpn stash to work to start those, thanks for providing your notes, and I'll see you Saturday!

Knitcrazy said...

Just adorable...
I don't think they are " UGG " at all :)

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

Jodi said...

Where can I get this pattern? It's too cute and my son needs some warm booties for winter. Thanks!

Jodi