Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The sock monster thing



Here's my Workshop 'homework.' So far, only 3 heels done. I'll probably have another 6 by the time I'm done.

My 'thing' is neat. I can try it on to see how the different heels fit me. Working on 64 stitches. The 1st one - from the right - is the regular ol' top down round heel. Instead of the sl 1, k 1 heel stitch, this one was done with st st and a garter stitch border. The 2nd one in the Dutch or band heel, again with a garter stitch border.

The 3rd heel is a toe up heel with flap from Schurch's Sensational Socks. Next will be the toe up heel flap "You're Putting Me On" by Judy Gibson. It will help to have a side by side comparison.

Doing the heels on a continuous tube allows me to work either toe up or down styles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a darned nifty idea!
Sockbug