Thursday, September 15, 2005

Bargain High

This is not directly about knitting.....

We leave for our 2+ week road trip in less than 2 weeks. I haven't lost the weight I needed to so I could wear most of my clothes. I go down to the mall - Plaza Bonita is within walking distance. I had good luck this summer at New York and Company, so I try there first.

Lots of sales, 50% off racks AND an extra 15% military discount. I got 6 pairs of pants, SIX! for a grand total of $82.64. I was so excited I thought I was going to bust a gut when I got home. I was so glad my husband was here 'cause I had to tell SOMEBODY.

It is somewhat knitting related in that I was seriously considering breaking out the sewing machines to make some comfy drawstring pants, at least to wear in the car, but my heart wasn't in it. I do not enjoy having to make larger clothes. It makes me dwell on all the pretties I have in smaller sizes. I couldn't make the clothes I bought for that price. So now I don't have to take time away from my knitting to sew. And when I do get back down to the smaller sizes, my big girl clothes were not that expensive to begin with.

No comments: