Monday, August 29, 2005

I'm Done!


It's been so hot here in San Diego for the past few days. Sorry, it seems as if we brought the Las Vegas weather with us...

I've been working on the Sitcom Chic Cardigan for my mom's Christmas present, keeping very still with a fan pointed straight at me. Finishing it up this morning with the ribbon binding and button, I had to have it on my lap. Luckily, there was some cloud cover so it hadn't heated up yet. We live relatively near the coast, so we don't have AC.

The sweater is all done and folded neatly in a sweater bag with a photo of the cardigan from the pattern as well as a Cotton Ease label with washing directions. What a relief! My knitting workshop starts Friday and it feels good to have a relatively clean slate before I get tempted with the optional class projects.

I thought of doing another Shapely Tank, this time in a smaller size, but right now am revelling in the freedom of no self - imposed deadlines.

With all the devastation on the TeeVee from Hurricane Katrina, I'm thinking if I only could bring a suitcase of 'stuff' with me to a shelter, I'd take my external hard drive which has a back up copy of all my photos. Rather than start another knitting project, I'm going back to a scanning project I lost interest in over a year ago. I've already selected the slides I want to digitize and have several hundred still left to scan. I also went through my hard copy photo albums and marked the pages with my favorites. Got to scan them too.

Everything else is just stuff. I need to have hard copies of my memories...

3 comments:

kimberly said...

Good job on your sweater. Enjoy your new freedom. I don't handle that kind of freedom for very long, I have to have something to knit or sew.

Bonne Marie said...

Hi Tania! What a beautiful job you did on the Sitcom Chic cardigan! BRAVA!

I know your Mom will love it - all the thoughtful and kind attention you put into it - what a wonderful daughter you are...

Warm Regards,
Bonne Marie

Knitcrazy said...

Love your cardi,
Your Mom is going to Love it alos...
Now I think you have just inspired me to get one going for myself..:)

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/