Sunday, July 24, 2005


My Leftover striped socks are done and I had enough of the two yarns, so I didn't have to improvise with something else.

I like these even better than the socks I'd originally made with the yarns. I changed colors along the bottom of the foot and back of the leg. With the ribbing, you can hardly tell.

This is what I call my plain ol' sock pattern. A 2x2 or 3x1 rib for the leg. Before I start the heel - or after if it's a toe up, I do an inch of stockinette. I work any heel I like, then a stockinette foot and toe. I find these are the most comfortable and show off the yarns best. The ribbed leg stay up. This was a toe up sock and I cast off using Elizabeth Zimmermann's Sewn Cast Off. Very elastic. I used up every bit of the white with flecks Regia and all but 1 yard of the pink. Practically free.

6 comments:

Chery said...

Very pretty pink socks. I like the flecked yarn.

Anonymous said...

In the pictures on the other site there was reinforcment yarn? Do you think this is necessary or did you just put it in because.
Katherine @
klockemo2@yahoo.com

Rebeckah said...

those are a lovely pair of socks. I am stuck in design mode at the moment ... designing a pair of socks that is ... so don't really have anything on needles except those. I'll be glad when I can do socks as good as those look.

Anastacia said...

I love those socks! I'm not a pink person, but wow, they are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I love your socks and I'm a very pink person.

kimberly said...

Love your socks and I'm a very big pink person.