Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Knitter's finger


I'm a big fan of all those forensic and detective shows. Should you ever see me without my knitting in hand, you would be able to tell I'm a knitter by the "yarn groove" on the forefinger of my left hand. There are actually 2. The other is above the knuckle and less pronounced. I don't always wrap it twice.

I've been on a knitting marathon. I started my second Sitcom Chic cardigan less than a week ago and I'm closing in on the neck. With any luck, I'll finish it tomorrow. That is, if my hands don't give out. I've bought so much Cotton Ease, I'm trying to keep pace with my stash of 60 skeins of the stuff. I've only used 8 so far. I may be able to knit faster, but my hands are beginning to protest!

2 comments:

Mary Jones said...

You're obviously a dedicated knitter Tania.

Anonymous said...

I've had that before! I've also "knitted a hole" in my right index finger from pushing the left needle tip. Sheesh, the things we put up with!
Sockbug