Sunday, July 31, 2005


It's been hot and I feel as if nothing much has happened. With no AC, sitting still is best. We went to two Padres games. They actually won the one on Wednesday vs. St. Louis, but got killed Friday by Cincinatti. We love going down to the Gaslamp and are getting to be Buffalo wings connoiseurs. If someone tells you they like Hooters for their wings - they are LYING. We prefer the Rock Bottom Brewery. Excellent wings and the absolute best beer.


On the knitting front, my Shapely Tank in the Vanilla Cotton Ease is coming along. I may get it done with just 3 skeins.

On Friday, Bobbi came over to knit and have me help her figure out short rows. I gave it my best shot, but I can't seem to get it on the purl pick up row. I always end up doing it from the front to get it to look right. Luckily, she brought along Colleen, who taught us both the trick. Colleen gave me the following link from Knittinghelp.com which helped me visualize the process and figure out what I was doing wrong. Scroll down to the Short Row with wrap video.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/

2 comments:

Laura said...

Your Shapely Tank looks great. Love the bottom edging.

That is so true about Hooters! Did you mean to say the Rock Bottom Brewery is the place you prefer? I love wings too so I'll have to try it. So far the best I've found in San Diego are Oggi's. And their beer ain't bad either. ;)

Tania said...

Thanks for catching typo. Will have to try Oggi's. We go to Rock Bottom before the games and enjoy their Happy Hour. The Red beer's my favorite.