Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I ripped out my 1st attempt at the Shapely Tank with the gold in the garter stitch hem. Then after swatching with needle sizes, decided it was okay afterall to use the size 6 to be right on gauge. This is in Vanilla Cotton Ease.

Rather than a garter stitch hem, I went looking through Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the Edge until I found something with a 10 stitch repeat - the size I'm doing calls for 110 stitches. I plan on doing the garter stitch finish for the armholes and neckline, but probably just 3 or 4 rows instead of the 6 in the pattern. The last time I did the tank in Knitpicks Shine, the shoulder straps were a bit too wide. I figure if it did that for the sport weight yarn, in the heavier WW, it would be way too much.

I have enough of this yarn to also make a cardigan, so it might be a twin set. I was originally going to make the cardigan as an Xmas gift for my aunt, but since I couldn't find a nice butterfly shaped button to match the white, I got one in dark blue and bought out the last of the Blueberry Cotton Ease while it was still on clearance. This brings my Cotton Ease buying binge up to a grand total of 83 skeins. I've just started using my 11th skein, so I've got a ways to go to use it up.

No comments: