Thursday, July 14, 2005

2nd Sitcom Chic cardigan done!


I cranked this one out in a week! Whew... my hands need a break. It's just that it's cotton sweater season and I wanted to be able to wear it in the evenings. This sweater is just so "me" and will be one of my wardroble staples. I will probably do it in plain old black and again in white. First I need to finish up those Pink Ribbons socks I started 2 months ago and resolve the not enough yarn issue. Then probably a tank top or two.

The dark pink [bubblegum] cardigan was done in size 8 needles and used less than 4 skeins of Cotton Ease [207 yards each] for the size Large. I worked this Candy Blue one in size 9 needles, but did everything the same on the body. Overall, it's about an inch wider and used about 28 grams of the 5th skein. I did the sleeve decreases every 5th row instead of 6th to get a true 3/4 sleeve on my short arms.

6 comments:

Inky said...

dang girl, you're superknitter!! it's such a cute cardi :) and no, i'm not gonna laugh but i'm glad you have that yarn closet!!

Sahara said...

Your cardigan is beautiful! Your meticulousness shows. It is very hard to impress upon my students that even tension and good finishing is essential, and not that difficult.

Isn't the Continental/Combined Method wonderful? I too, like to wear my garments in the season that I knit them, hence the speed. Those grooves on your fingers, though. Please, get some rest. I understand. Only ten fingers and twenty garments to knit. Thank God you sew.

Lynette said...

it looks so good! i still have some finishing to do. i haven't added my button or ribbon yet.

Kimberly said...

I love it! You did a great job. Hmm Now I have to find out how to get some Cotton Ease (I live in Germany)because I want one too. It's good to see others obsessed with a project like I get.
www.thegivingflower.de.vu

Laura said...

Most impressive -- a beautiful cardi and so quick! I'm knitting a top in this same color Cotton-ease -- such a nice blue.

Lois said...

Great job on the cardi. I just cast on for one for myself this weekend and I don't think I'll get it done in a week - 165 stitches a row and all. I'm doing mine in Cotton ease light blue and would like to do one in black too - too cold in the office sweater....