Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Winner!!!

I'm SOOOOOO EXCITED!!! Maybe it's the wine, but I just won two tickets to the San Diego Fair from Fox 6.... Yay!!!!

Every morning while watching the news [I already told you we, as former military types, still get up at oh-dark-thirty and watch the early morning news] Used to watch one channel, but hate the new weather guy and switched over to channel 6, aka FOX. They've got this Couch Potato thing where they give a word, you go over to their website, put in the word and get 100 points. Well, I've been doing this for several months now and wondering what to do with my points. Entered a few raffles for $25,000 worth of good stuff, but nothing's come of it.

Bob and I go to the Fair every year. Saw they had an opportunity to "buy" a pair of tix with points, but it has been saying "coming soon" for the last few days. I've been stalking the site. Just signed in and was able to snag one of 25 pairs of tix available in the San Diego area. Doesn't take much to make me happy. Bob's happy too. He's the one who's up before me, usually letting me know what the word of the day is. [He gets up 1st, makes coffee, then I crawl out of bed, make bed, drink coffee. Now you know WAY TOO MUCH about my mornings!]

So, this year, the fair will only cost us parking. I will be at the Fair this Sunday at the ASG- American Sewing Guild - booth from 1 to 4 pm. It's in the Hobby building if any of you San Diegans are out there are at the Fair, come say hi. I use my free vendor's pass to get there before my booth shift to check out the what's for sale and make my purchases without dearest Bob getting bored. I busted the blade on my ratchet anvil trimmer and NEED to get another. We go back together on a different day just to enjoy the fair and check out one of the shows. We already picked out 1 July as our day, so we can see the comedian Bob Engvall.

OTN: Got my Knitpicks cotton Shine yarn. Did a swatch and have done a couple of inches on the front of the Shapely Tank. Did some measuring and hope to have that short row shaping for the more than B cup Booblies inserted at the proper [low] point. Will work on tank and socks at same time. Cotton yarn tends to make my hands hurt, so will take a break from the tank to work on second Pink Ribbons sock. Both are pink, so it feels like the same project.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Any free thing is good, as far as I'm concerned!
Sockbug

Jenn said...

Cool. YOu seem to be very lucky :-)
I found your blog the other day and I am in love with it! I love reading about sock making.

Inky said...

yay for free tickets!! I haven't been to the fair in years, perhaps this year - I don't think Kris has ever been. Oh and congrats on new shoes. And no word on the ballwinder/swift yet - I'm calling them tomorrow because the charge hasn't appeard on my debit card and I want to make sure they send the darn things.