Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Sometimes I worry about myself.....

You know when you wake up and you're in that in between state? As I start to focus on the real world instead of what was happening in the dreams I almost remember, I had a startling revelation....

Yesterday, I ordered more yarn. This time from Knitpicks. Some lace weight alpaca for my first lace project and some sport weight cotton blend for the White Lies Shapely Tee tank top - a free pattern BTW. I ordered 7 - 110 yard skeins for the tee. The pattern calls for 700 yards in my size and the next two sizes up, so I have plenty, or so I think. In my semi dream state, it dawns on me: The pattern calls for DK weight and I bought sport. I can adjust the number of stitches to make it work. BUT WAIT!!!! I WON'T HAVE ENOUGH YARN! I get out of bed. Check the pattern to confirm. Think of ways of making the tee with different dyelotted yarn. Check email, get a message from Knitpicks about some other yarn. I take it as a SIGN. I call the 800 number on the email I'd received about my order. The person on the other end thinks it's too late to throw in some more skeins to my order, but checks anyway. I'm in luck, I can amend the order. I add 3 skeins so I can have 1100 yards to make the tank top. Life is good.

Now I can have my coffee and relax. Another military benefit. I still get up early even though I'm retired. With husband planning to play golf, my big plans for the day are mopping the kitchen floor, but I get up anyway. All this happened before 7 am.

1 comment:

Inky said...

you could come mop my floors *wink*
hope we see ya sunday at whistlestop!