Friday, May 27, 2005

Is there such a thing as too much yarn?

Herrschners had a sale on Hot Sox yarn. I KNOW it's acrylic, so PLEASE don't get on my case. I like it, especially for gifts when I know the recipient won't take good or any care of the socks I make them. For $1.27 a skein with no shipping for a $25 order, I couldn't resist. They are all solids. I bought 21 skeins. I double checked my stash to make sure I did not have the colors.

I finished my Peasant Pullover sweater last night and washed it right away. I realize that everyone's asleep, so I could play with my yarn stash to see what I really had in that hall closet under the stairs, behind the clothes pole. Not that DH would say anything, but I do tend to go overboard. [Doesn't everybody have over 100 pairs of shoes, 35 of which are Birkenstocks?]

I fondled, sorted and counted. I took a photo of the wool and acrylic stashes, my leftovers and the single skeins I bought to build socks from the leftovers. Then I went into the recesses of the closet that goes back about 6 feet beyond the hanging coats and sweaters and has 3 shelves plus floor space. Oh boy, I already have enough for 47 pairs, plus 13 single skeins to mix and match.

The thing is, the new yarn store in Bonita opens Monday, so I HAVE to go and support my LYS. Then of course Two Sisters and EWE is having there big sale on the 11th of June.

I've got to knit faster.

No comments: