Thursday, May 19, 2005

Finished up some second socks

I have no single socks left - except for the one I don't think I'll ever make because I don't like the first sock. It was an experiment with acrylic microfiber from Feb 2004. Maybe if someone ever needs slouch socks to use as slippers.... But there are so many really interesting sock yarns out there to waste time working on something you hate.

I've got 2 sweaters in progress, but need to have socks OTN because they are portable and often don't require much attention. Perfect to take along for Knitting in Public or road trips. So, as soon as I finished all my socks, I started another pair. Pink ribbon socks! Using Dalegarn Baby Ull. It's 100% wool, so I got some pink Wooly Nylon for reinforcement. I think I'll use it with the entire foot. We're going to Las Vegas next week and I'll get to knit in the car. I only drive halfway, so I've got almost 3 straight hours of knitting time.

No comments: