Sunday, April 24, 2005

Works in progress report

I used to just have one project in the works. Sigh... Since I took up knitting with a vengeance about 2 years ago, I've been cranking out all kinds of things, mostly socks. My sewing has taken a back seat, as has all that reading I used to do. Now it's audio books for me. Only the simplest patterns allow me to do some actual reading while knitting.

I've got 2 sweaters and 3 pairs of socks in progress. In my knitting basket waiting to begin are Pink Ribbon socks and the 3rd skein of Koolaid dyed yarn. I think I'll do the Walking Away socks pattern for that. I also just got Cool Socks, Warm Feet and am eager to try garter stitch heels and toes.

I just ordered 2 more books, Men in Knits and Confessions of a Knitting Heretic. Although I work my socks with DPNs with no problems or ladders, I'm also interested in trying the Magic Loop method. I'm having trouble finding 40" circulars in US sizes 1 and 2 [2.25mm and 2.75mm] The Addis are larger [2.5 mm and 3 mm] Inox Express supposedly makes them, but I haven't found a vendor who carries them. Well, it's not as if I don't have enough to do.

I'm going to have to force myself to stop knitting in order to get some sewing done. With my oldest moving out, I've got to do something with that day bed in her almost empty room. Got the fabric, pillows and bolsters standing by. Now if I would just get struck by some motivation.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

You should be able to get Size 0 and Size 1 addi's in the longer length - thats what I use for socks. Have you tried The Black Sheep in Encinitas? their selection of Addi Turbo's is pretty good.

Tania said...

I've got those sizes. Was aiming for the 2.25 mm size since I usually use those DPNs with good result. The Black Sheep is a long drive for me way down here in Bonita. With the price of gas, it's easier for me to let my fingers do the walking.