Sunday, April 24, 2005


This is my primary project using Lion Brand Fisherman Wool. The pattern is from the 1970s book The Woman's Day Book of Knitted Sweaters. This is a remake of the first sweater I ever made back in 1975 when I was teaching in New England. The original was in peach. I have no idea when I got rid of it - maybe my mother, the pack rat still has it somewhere in her many boxes of treasures. This time I'm making it in the round and in a larger size to accomodate my buxom figure. The neckline is supposed to be slashed and tied with I cord. We'll see. I already know I'm not making the sleeves as full as the pattern. Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Joan said...

I was so surprised to see this sweater reappear. I too made it in the 70's when I was a bunch of sizes smaller. I loved it! I still have the book and may make it again. And I made this when I had first discovered wool, knew little about knitting and it came out perfectly.